
The Israeli military announced on Wednesday that it had killed a high-ranking Hezbollah commander in the Lebanese capital, Beirut.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said on Telegram that it had "eliminated Hajj Yusuf Ismail Hashem, the Hezbollah's Southern Front Commander."
The Iran-backed Shiite organization has not yet commented on the claim, though Lebanese media reported that Hezbollah confirmed his death.
Seven people were killed and 26 others were injured in the overnight attack in a neighbourhood on the southern outskirts of the city, Lebanon's Health Ministry said.
Hezbollah said in a statement that Mohammad Baqir al-Nabulsi, a well-known Hezbollah member and the nephew of Hezbollah spokesman Mohamed al-Nabulsi, who was killed by Israel in 2024, was killed.
"A convoy of around four black cars had arrived to the area of Jnah when the loud blasts took place," a resident in the Beirut neighbourhood told dpa.
All cars had been removed by Wednesday morning, but the street where the attack took place was full of blackened debris.
The IDF said the Israeli Navy, directed by the Intelligence Directorate and Northern Command, conducted a strike in Beirut and killed Hashem.
It said Hashem's “Southern Front” was responsible for carrying out terrorist activities targeting Israeli civilians and for combat operations against IDF soldiers in southern Lebanon.
It added that "as a commander of the unit, Hashem advanced and led the rehabilitation of Hezbollah, and commanded the rocket launches and hostile aerial attacks toward Israeli territory,"
The attack took place shorthly after midnight.
The army also hit overnight a car in Khaldeh, 12 kilometres south of Beirut.
The Iran-backed Hezbollah militia had earlier again fired rockets and drones at northern Israel. The Israeli rescue service Magen David Adom reported several people injured, including a child who was slightly hurt.
After nearly a year of war between Israel and Hezbollah, a ceasefire was agreed in November 2024.
Hezbollah resumed attacks on Israel following the start of the Iran war more than a month ago, prompting Israel to respond with heavy airstrikes and ground operations in southern Lebanon.
NEUESTE BEITRÄGE
- 1
'No Kings' protests recap: More than 8 million turned out across all 50 states, organizers say30.03.2026 - 2
Overseeing Individual budgets Successfully06.06.2024 - 3
Wedding Guest Outraged That Bride and Groom, Who Are in Their 60s and Have Both Been Married Before, Registered for Gifts30.12.2025 - 4
Minnesota jury says Johnson & Johnson owes $65.5 million to woman with cancer who used talcum powder19.12.2025 - 5
Top German court to rule on claims by Wirecard shareholders12.11.2025
Ähnliche Artikel
The architect of Iran’s military survival remains defiant30.03.2026
Artemis II's moon-bound astronauts capture Earth's brilliant blue beauty as they leave it behind03.04.2026
Wonderful Sea shores All over the Planet01.01.1
Go on A Careful spending plan: Modest Objections for Your List of must-dos06.06.2024
Bolsonaro discharged from hospital and placed under house arrest27.03.2026
Pick the Ideal Family Feline Variety for Your Home05.06.2024
Zelensky names spy chief to head presidential office after corruption row02.01.2026
When faith comes under fire: How Iran’s repression of religious minorities has increased25.12.2025
Distributed storage Answers for Information Reinforcement06.06.2024
Tyler Childers' 'Snipe Hunt' 2026 Tour: How to get tickets, presale times, prices and more06.12.2025














