
"This is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," COGAT warned in a letter.
Motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid in a smuggling attempt uncovered in the Keren Shalom crossing, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) announced on Wednesday.
The motor oil was found inside humanitarian aid transported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), with COGAT's chief, Major-General Yoram Halevi, ordering the suspension of all UNDP aid entering Gaza until a full investigation is completed and the organization presents its findings.
"COGAT emphasizes that this is a serious violation of the mechanisms for receiving aid, and that Hamas continues to try to exploit the aid mechanism for terrorist activity and incitement," said a letter sent to the UNDP by Halevi.
"Any such deviation will lead to immediate measures being taken against the organization responsible for the shipment, until the incident is fully investigated," Halevi warned.
IDF warns responsibility for contents of Gaza aid lies with organizations coordinating them
In the same statement, the IDF warned the organizations coordinating aid shipments to Gaza that the responsibility for the contents of the shipments lies with them. "Any case in which aid shipments are used for smuggling purposes will lead to immediate enforcement measures being taken," the military added.
"The IDF, in cooperation with all security agencies, will continue to take zero tolerance towards attempts to exploit the humanitarian aid mechanism, and will take strict measures against any party involved," the statement concluded.
IDF reopens Rafah crossing for pedestrians for first time since begining of Iran war
The announcement comes 10 days after the IDF authorized the opening of the Rafah crossing for pedestrians, which had been closed for the first two weeks of Operation Roaring Lion.
The decision followed a security assessment and a review of the conditions required to resume activity at the crossing while maintaining restrictions due to ongoing threats in the area.
Officials said the crossing would operate under the same mechanism used before its closure, subject to updated security directives. Entry and exit for Gaza residents will be coordinated with Egypt, require prior Israeli security approval, and take place under the supervision of the European Union mission.
NEUESTE BEITRÄGE
- 1
Journalist reported killed in the Gaza Strip02.12.2025 - 2
New COVID-19 variant 'Cicada' is spreading. What to know about BA.3.2.25.03.2026 - 3
See tonight’s solar storm unfold across the world12.11.2025 - 4
ByHeart infant formula recall tied to botulism outbreak puts parents on edge16.11.2025 - 5
Virtual National Science Foundation internships aren’t just a pandemic stopgap – they can open up opportunities for more STEM students06.01.2026
Ähnliche Artikel
Artemis 2 astronauts arrive at Kennedy Space Center ahead of NASA's historic launch around the moon27.03.2026
Relive NASA's historic Artemis 2 launch to the moon in these stunning photos02.04.2026
Satellites capture aftermath of Ethiopian volcano's 1st eruption in recorded history (images)29.11.2025
EU Commission slams Israel's death penalty law for Palestinians31.03.2026
NASA’s Pandora telescope will study stars in detail to learn about the exoplanets orbiting them11.01.2026
The 3 little words TV fans can't stop obsessing over02.04.2026
At least 7 dead as Israel renews attacks on Beirut and across Lebanon06.04.2026
‘Serving is not just a place’: Bayside Church Granite Bay reimagines annual mission amid conflict in Mexico27.03.2026
Hunger and makeshift shelters persist in north Caribbean nearly 2 months after Hurricane Melissa12.12.2025
Ancient Egyptian pharaoh's boat is being reassembled in public at the Grand Egyptian Museum23.12.2025














